Q. What is Chisholm’s owner contact information?

A.  For inquiries concerning Division Orders or revenue payments, please use the information below.

801 Cherry Street, Suite 1200, Unit 20
Fort Worth, Texas 76102

Q. What is a Division Order?

A.  A Division Order is a document which indicates the interest credited to you in a well or unit operated by Chisholm Energy.  The owner is asked to sign and return the Division Order to confirm address and tax identification information.  It does not change the terms of the lease nor diminish the mineral rights in any way.  It is issued to inform of the decimal interest for which you will be paid for production, describe the property, allow you an opportunity to provide Chisholm with your social security/tax identification number and confirm or change your address.

Q.  Why am I being asked to provide my Social Security Number?

A.  This information is necessary as it is required by Federal Law that an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 be sent to you and the IRS evidencing funds which were paid to you during any given calendar year.  Under the Federal income tax law, you are subject to certain penalties as well as withholding of tax at the current Federal tax rate if you have not provided to Chisholm your correct taxpayer identification number. 

Q. How do I change my address with Chisholm?

A. To ensure that you receive your revenue payments in a timely manner, please notify Chisholm promptly of any change in your mailing address. This notice must be in writing over your own signature or the signature of your appointed agent. Please include your owner number, old address and new address, including the zip code. Mail or email changes to Chisholm’s Division Order Department at the address shown above.   A form has been provided for your convenience on Chisholm’s website.   For your own protection, address changes will not be accepted by telephone.

Q. What is the purpose of my "Owner Number?"

A. An exclusive owner number has been assigned to you in order to identify you in Chisholm's records. When communicating with Chisholm, please include your owner number. This information helps us to better serve you.

Q. How do I transfer interest (due to sale or death)?

A.  Depending upon the circumstances, please provide recorded legal documentation to Chisholm which evidences the transfer.  If you are uncertain about the documentation to provide, contact Chisholm and a list of required documents will be provided to you.  Typically, a document recorded in the county where the property is located which describes the property will be required.

Q. When are monthly Revenue Checks Mailed?

A.  Revenue Checks are mailed on the 17th day of each month and include production for 60 days prior. (i.e., April production is paid on the June check).

Q. Why have I not received my check?

A. The most common reason is because your account has not reached your minimum pay status. Chisholm remits revenue to you once your balance exceeds $100 unless you have previously requested (from Chisholm in writing) to be set up with a $25 minimum pay status. Amounts over $10, but under your minimum pay amount, are paid annually in December.

Occasionally, payments are held due to matters which create uncertainty as to ownership, such as a notice of death, change of address, transfer of property, assignment of interest or legal dispute. Payments due are accumulated and released when the matter affecting ownership has been resolved. Inquiries regarding suspense balances must be communicated in writing to our Division Order Department.

Q. What if my check is lost or stolen?

A.  If your check is lost or stolen please contact Chisholm for a replacement check.

Q. Can I receive my revenue payment via Direct Deposit?

A.  Chisholm offers ACH (direct deposit) for revenue interest owners.  Please fill out the PDF form HERE completely and return to Chisholm via mail or email.